Cumulative Parity on Custom Schedule 6.10.3

I recently changed my Parity Schedule to run under custom conditions.  I wanted it to run every other month on the first Saturday of the month and only to run for 5 hours a day until parity is complete.  Here is how I set it:

Scheduled parity check: Custom

Day of the week: Saturday

Week of the Month: First week

Time of the day: 00:00

Month of the year: January, March, May, July, September, November

Write corrections to parity: Yes

Cumulative parity check: Yes

Accumulation frequency: Daily

Accumulation duration: 5 hours

Today is the first day for the run and as of 10:55 my scheduled parity is still running.  My understanding was that my parity would pause at 05:00 and resume daily until parity is complete.  Are my assumptions incorrect or is this a bug buried in the custom schedule?  In the interim I will switch my schedule to monthly and see if that works. Thoughts?

No idea on the scheduling, but I notice that you have it set to be correcting.  

We normally recommend that scheduled checks are set none-correcting so you do not have a drive that is misbehaving inadvertently corrupting parity.    Then if you do get errors reported you can try and work out why and only when you are sure all hardware is behaving itself manually trigger a correcting check.

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

No idea on the scheduling, but I notice that you have it set to be correcting.  

We normally recommend that scheduled checks are set none-correcting so you do not have a drive that is misbehaving inadvertently corrupting parity.    Then if you do get errors reported you can try and work out why and only when you are sure all hardware is behaving itself manually trigger a correcting check.

Discrepancy noted, and corrected. 😉 

• 1 month later...

Well another month has gone by and my parity still is not running incrementally.  Once parity starts it continues to go until completion.  What am I doing wrong? I feel like this should start a parity check at 10pm on the first day of the month, run for 5 hours pause and do it again the next day.  Repeat until complete.  Am I misunderstanding this?

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 8.04.30 PM.png

Edited by JT Marshall
1 hour ago, JT Marshall said:

Well another month has gone by and my parity still is not running incrementally.  Once parity starts it continues to go until completion.  What am I doing wrong? I feel like this should start a parity check at 10pm on the first day of the month, run for 5 hours pause and do it again the next day.  Repeat until complete.  Am I misunderstanding this?

No misunderstanding from your part.

6.10.3 suffered a regression bug on this new feature. It will be fixed in the next release. That would probably be 6.11 that is currently in open RC.

14 hours ago, JT Marshall said:

If you do not want to try the 6.11 rc then use the Parity Check Tuning plugin to manage this instead as it will work on the Unraid release you are currently running.  You also get additional functionality that you can invoke with the plugin that might be of use.

4 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you do not want to try the 6.11 rc then use the Parity Check Tuning plugin to manage this instead as it will work on the Unraid release you are currently running.  You also get additional functionality that you can invoke with the plugin that might be of use.

This is perfect. Thanks for the recommendation. 

16 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

No misunderstanding from your part.

6.10.3 suffered a regression bug on this new feature. It will be fixed in the next release. That would probably be 6.11 that is currently in open RC.

That’s too bad.  That feature was part of the reason I was excited about 6.10. I didn’t know about Parity Check Tuning so I’ll give that a try. 

11 minutes ago, JT Marshall said:

This is perfect. Thanks for the recommendation. 

I hope you find it useful.   The plugin has been providing this sort of functionality ever since Unraid 6.7 and the core Unraid system still has some way to go before it catches up with the full functionality offered by the plugin.  

if you encounter any issues using the plugin feel free to bring these up in the plugin’s support thread.

25 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I hope you find it useful.   The plugin has been providing this sort of functionality ever since Unraid 6.7 and the core Unraid system still has some way to go before it catches up with the full functionality offered by the plugin.  

if you encounter any issues using the plugin feel free to bring these up in the plugin’s support thread.

Much appreciated! I have it installed and I’m excited about never seeing parity during the day again!