We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Question before buying some hardware and unraid

Hi there, very new to this, apologies in advance if something I've said does not make sense/if there is a better way to do things. 

I'm planning on buying a SABRENT 10-Bay enclosure, a few Exos HDs to drop into the enclosure, connect to my M1 Mac Mini via USB 3.2, and using unraid in single parity. This setup will mostly be used to allow my family to watch blurays that I've ripped in remux on plex. Right now I just have a bunch of external HDs connected to my m1 mac mini, and it's a huge eyesore and a mess. 

Any issues with my expected setup? My main concern is I question if it's a good idea to set up raid using USB 3.2, as I know sometimes USB will randomly disconnect... I know I can prob get a server rack or something like that, but prefer the Sabrent enclosure for its looks, because there's no space to put this out of the way, and it will be in plain view. 

Thank you for your time!

Edited by seepbeep15
grammer
23 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I think this requires MacOS to be loaded, and is not built into the hardware.   Unraid runs at the bare metal level so MacOS would not be present.

Ah, right. Forgot about the part needing unraid to be on a USB drive. Thank you very much for your response.