Unraid providing IP address but can't access anywhere

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Anything you like 😊

@itimpiSO is the point of renaming it to basically make the file be a backup and have the system create a new one as if you had just deleted it? Cause I have tried to delete network.cfg multiple times and the server keeps booting up giving me a 169.254 address.

6 minutes ago, WETAFROMAN said:

@itimpiSO is the point of renaming it to basically make the file be a backup and have the system create a new one as if you had just deleted it? Cause I have tried to delete network.cfg multiple times and the server keeps booting up giving me a 169.254 address.

The purpose was to make sure that your server tried DHCP to get an IP address.

The syslog shows that eth0 appears to be down while eth1 is up.   Have you tried swapping the LAN cable to the other ethernet port?   Unraid requires a connection on eth0 for the GUI to work.   You might want to also disable bonding on eth0.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The purpose was to make sure that your server tried DHCP to get an IP address.

The syslog shows that eth0 appears to be down while eth1 is up.   Have you tried swapping the LAN cable to the other ethernet port?   Unraid requires a connection on eth0 for the GUI to work.   You might want to also disable bonding on eth0.

@itimpithis was the answer for me. I had forgotten that I had initially disabled eth0 for which is a 1gb nic for my eth2 which is a 2.5gb nic. When I was resetting from a corrupt USB stick and I tried deleting the network info out went that rule and why it wouldn't connect. thanks.