Powerdown Script vs. Clean Powerdown

Whaler_99

Just wondering, I have unMenu installed with the clean powerdown package that works like a charm when I lose main power. I wanted to know though if this is the same as the Powerdown script found here? With the package through unMenu, I do not seem to have CTRL+ALT+DEL functionality...

Can I run both?

Thx,

Shawn

Just wondering, I have unMenu installed with the clean powerdown package that works like a charm when I lose main power. I wanted to know though if this is the same as the Powerdown script found here? With the package through unMenu, I do not seem to have CTRL+ALT+DEL functionality...

Can I run both?

Thx,

Shawn

They are identical.  The unMENU package does:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION CTRLALTDEL=yes installpkg powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION [ -f /usr/local/sbin/powerdown ] && mv /usr/local/sbin/powerdown /usr/local/sbin/unraid_powerdown

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION [ -f /usr/local/sbin/unraid_powerdown ] && sed -i "sX/usr/local/sbin/powerdownX/sbin/powerdownX" /etc/acpi/acpi_handler.sh

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION [ ! -f /usr/local/sbin/unraid_powerdown ] && sed -i "sX/sbin/init 0X/sbin/powerdownX" /etc/acpi/acpi_handler.sh

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION sysctl -w kernel.poweroff_cmd=/sbin/powerdown

The only difference is the editing of acpi_handler.sh  and rename of /usr/local/sbin/powerdown to unraid_powerdown.

acpi_handler.sh is invoked when you momentarily press the power button if you have ACPI enabled in your BIOS.  Lime-tech points it to their /usr/local/sbin/powerdown, which will wait for all disks to be un-busy before stopping the array.  The unMENU package points it the sbin/powerdown script, which will terminate processes holding disks busy.

Joe L.

Archived