Help with non-booting setup

Hello folks,

My server suddenly does not boot anymore, and started getting EDDBOOT ERROR on boot.

Tried moving the flash drive to different ports and nothing.

I hooked it up to another computer, and I do see the contents, and I noticed the following:

- Trying to copy everything to this other computer, I managed to copy almost everything just fine, *except*, some share .cfg files, and one file called "domain.img" from \config\plugins\dynamix.kvm.manager

So I wanted to know the following:

- Since it does not look to me that those are critical (well shares are to my setup) for booting, is it possible there are 2 unrelated issues, meaning those files corrupted, but also something preventing it from booting? Besides those files (8 total) the drive behaves "normal" when inserted on the other computer

- Are share .cfg files just parameters for the share, and I could recreate basing off other share files? (as long as they have the same parameters etc.)

- Is that "domain.img" file standard and I could just obtain it from the plugin site/repository?

I assume you would recommend I get a new drive, and reach out to support for a replacement key/GUID thingy?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Cfgs for any shares will be recreated, with the default settings.

As for domain.img it will be related to VMs, but don't believe it's a critical file, it doesn't come with a new install so it's probably created later.

Thanks!

So for recreated .cfgs, I don't have many settings (I think :) ) beyond watermarks. Would that affect any existing files, or just new file placement as the algorithm decides where to place them?

Also, as I only had the "generic" will not boot system and these few unreadable files (8 files total), would say it's worth trying to just format the drive and trying it again, or just get a new flash drive and do the key transfer process to it?  (and since I dion't have the "zip file process" done, can I just zip up all I copied, or is there a better way?

On 7/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, walterg74 said:

Would that affect any existing files, or just new file placement as the algorithm decides where to place them?

Settings are mostly used to select use cache mode, allocation method and split level, also don't forget to set the minimum free space, default is 0.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, walterg74 said:

would say it's worth trying to just format the drive and trying it again

You can try again before getting a new one.