Error trying to re-install a container

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

I recently had Dashy installed as a Docker container and all was well. I messed with it for a couple of days until it was all dorked up. I then decided to start over and remove it and the re-install it. Now, every time I try to install it, I get this error:

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:75: mounting "/mnt/user/appdata/dashy/conf.yml" to rootfs at "/app/public/conf.yml" caused: mount through procfd: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

I have tried every Google hit I got on this topic to no avail. Can some one please point me in the right direction to fix this?

v/r

Jon

I have tried that too. I uninstalled Dashy from APPS, open the GUI file manager and deleted user/apppdata/dashy, and I even installed Appdate Cleanup and ran it (it found some leftover Dashy data and deleted it). However, I still get the error when I try to re-install Dashy, I still get therror.

image.thumb.png.b3d70939e58b2c8a17283635c78359b7.png

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Looks like you are trying to map a container file to a host file and that seems to be what the error is telling you.

You need to map the folders the file is in.

So I am completely new to Docker, so I am confused. The first time I installed Dashy via Community Applications, it worked fine. That is why I don’t understand why it doesn’t install now. There should not be any references left to after all the cleanup I did.

Are you refering to this: "CA stores an XML template for each application that it installs at /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user If You go to the Apps tab in the Unraid GUI then there is a Previous Apps section and this can be used to reinstall applications using their saved settings."?

• Solution

Just had a look at that particular container and it seems you simply didn't follow the instructions in the app description.

Dashy helps you organize your self-hosted services, by making them all accessible from a single place.
-Before you start CLI unraid

mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/dashy/
wget -O /mnt/user/appdata/dashy/conf.yml https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lissy93/dashy/master/public/conf.yml

-Edit conf.yml

Edited by Kilrah

Ahh... RTFM bites me again ;-) So it appears the biggest issue is that when the package gets installed it creates a directory name conf.yml instead of a file names conf.yml. I had to remove that directory and then wget thew conf.yml from the URL in the notes.

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:20 PM, irishjd said:

I have tried that too. I uninstalled Dashy from APPS, open the GUI file manager and deleted user/apppdata/dashy, and I even installed Appdate Cleanup and ran it (it found some leftover Dashy data and deleted it). However, I still get the error when I try to re-install Dashy, I still get therror.

image.thumb.png.b3d70939e58b2c8a17283635c78359b7.png

The app will create a config.yml folder instead of a file. Edit the dashy temple and use the wget command or create the file. It will resolve the issue.

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:44 AM, thestillwind said:

The app will create a config.yml folder instead of a file. Edit the dashy temple and use the wget command or create the file. It will resolve the issue.

I am having the exact issue. How do you use the wget command? My first week using docker, im watching as many videos as I can.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 200651.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 8:25 PM, ArmstrongNET said:

I am having the exact issue. How do you use the wget command? My first week using docker, im watching as many videos as I can.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 200651.png

It is written in the description of the template :

Dashy helps you organize your self-hosted services, by making them all accessible from a single place.
-Before you start CLI unraid

mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/dashy/
wget -O /mnt/user/appdata/dashy/conf.yml https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lissy93/dashy/master/public/conf.yml

-Edit conf.yml 

You will have to open the terminal to do so.