How to safely remove bad drive from array

1 minute ago, trurl said:

No reason to rebuild parity twice

In fact, if you did New Config and rebuilt parity without the disk, then add the disk, Unraid would clear it instead of rebuilding anything, and then let you format it.

But that is a lot of unnecessary time spent when just rebuild of disk5 would work as well. (Assuming anything works which isn't clear due to whatever issues caused this to begin with.)

14 minutes ago, munimisu said:

add another parity

With only 7 data disks maybe on the borderline of really needing parity2 if you keep on top of things. Of course parity2 would have to be at least 12TB since disk7 is that large.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you want to see if there is anything on the physical disk?

1 hour ago, munimisu said:

did exclude this disk from all shares

How long ago did you do that?

Just looking at some more things in those Diagnostics. You have disk shares enabled. Why? I recommend not sharing disks and only accessing user shares over the network. It is possible to lose data if you mix disks and user shares when moving or copying files.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Stop array, reassign disk5, start array to begin rebuild of disk5.

Parity rebuild is in-progress now to disk5. Its showing yellow rectangle with this message "disk content emulated", is this expected until parity build is complete?

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

How long ago did you do that?

I believe 2 days ago.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Just looking at some more things in those Diagnostics. You have disk shares enabled. Why? I recommend not sharing disks and only accessing user shares over the network. It is possible to lose data if you mix disks and user shares when moving or copying files.

Right, i have disk share enabled. I had some issues in past and needed to see contents on some folder that got spread across all disk. Thanks for pointing it out, i will disable them. I only use user share when needed, not disk share

1 minute ago, munimisu said:

Parity rebuild is in-progress now to disk5. Its showing yellow rectangle with this message "disk content emulated", is this expected until parity build is complete?

It is rebuilding disk5 from parity. It will be emulated until rebuild completes.

During rebuild, you should see lots of writes to the rebuilding disk, lots of reads from all other disks, and zeros in the Errors column for all disks.

If there seem to be problems post new diagnostics.