Updated to 6.10.3 when signing into unraid it's saying flashdrive corrupt or offline

I appreciate your replies, but you're not really offering any advise other than after the fact, I mean you could have said that don't use a backup on usb drive and instead do xxx to restore data that the array has on it's two parity drives and then when you have all data backed you can try the backup config out. So I guess I'm back to google for a product I paid money for and has zero actual support, I got this because it was easy to set up and I thought it was redundant, if the usb dies and kills the server, this is not redundancy. 

28 minutes ago, FrostyOne said:

do xxx to restore data that the array has on it's two parity drives

Parity does not contain any data. Parity, wherever it is used in computers and communications, even other RAID systems, is just an extra bit that allows a missing bit to be calculated from all the other bits.

Parity is not complicated, and understanding it would help make sense of how Unraid works, and how you must work with Unraid.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Overview#Parity-Protected_Array

There are a couple of ways we might attempt to recover the data on those 2 disks you started to clear.

If you have some spare disks of the same size or larger (but no larger than either parity), it would be better since we could try to rebuild onto those spare disks, and also try to repair the filesystems on those partially cleared disks, and then you would have 2 chances to see what could be recovered.

Do you know the exact disk assignments when you last completed a parity check?

If you haven't already shutdown and don't do anything else without following exact instructions.

22 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you know the exact disk assignments when you last completed a parity check?

We can get your disk assignments from the diagnostics you posted earlier. And we could even have used those assignments with some of that old backup instead of trying to use all of that old backup.

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

2 data disks, 2 parity, Maybe if the parity is still valid from before the incident there may be a chance?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Not totally clear from description exactly what was done after that seemed like parity might have taken some writes 

Here is the part of your description of what you did that makes me wonder if parity has much chance of rebuilding those disks

16 hours ago, FrostyOne said:

two drives in parity and three as data drives

Your parity was valid for the 5 disks you had before, not the 3 you started the array with.

After you stopped it from clearing those 2 disks you added, how exactly, and in detail, did you do this?

16 hours ago, FrostyOne said:

added two ssd disk 4 and 5 and moved a share onto just them

Reset with rebuild usb and added just the lic. I put the drives in the order they were supposed to be except for 4,5 which were replaced wtih two other drives that were slightly larger, all shares data are showing except the one that was on 4,5. It is in process of rebuilding now. I have the original 4,5 disks that were partialy cleared, I tried to access them on linux but not showing, on windows I used disk internals linux reader to see if they would open, showing the drive and partition 1 but won't open. 

4 hours ago, FrostyOne said:

It is in process of rebuilding now

It is rebuilding parity from the contents of the currently assigned disks.

4 hours ago, FrostyOne said:

original 4,5 disks that were partialy cleared

You can install them in Unraid as Unassigned Devices and try to repair their filesystems. From those earlier diagnostics looks like they were XFS.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

It is rebuilding parity from the contents of the currently assigned disks.

Which means there is now no way to try rebuilding onto spare disks. Probably wouldn't have worked anyway if I understand what you meant about writing to shares on other disks in the array.

Thanks, it rebuilt the 4,5 drives with nothing on them, not a big deal at this point the critical data was on drive 1 anyways, I was able to get 90% of what I had from the trash folder on the other drives before I moved the folder share to 4,5, there's some stuff I lost since the move, but nothing critical mostly psd templates, I do have the original 4,5 drives and will try and get them in as unassigned and see if a fix will work, but won't hold my breath, lol. So once again you live an learn, always keep a current backup separate from the array of the usb drive. 

3 hours ago, FrostyOne said:

it rebuilt the 4,5 drives with nothing on them

No, it rebuilt parity from the contents on the currently assigned disks.

4,5 had nothing on them so they still have nothing on them.

Only parity was written. Parity was written with the result of the parity calculation from reading all other disk.

All other disks were only read.