Probably a stupid question but....

I have a failed disk (disk 16, not that it matters) and it crapped out during a resierfsck.

I know, I know, I should have them as XFS. 

Anyway, it was going through a resiserfsck --rebuild-tree and the system crashed (power outage past UPS runtime).

Now it was showing as "unmountable, no file system" - to be safe I swapped it with a new disk and it went through the disk-rebuild.

Now I've got the new disk showing as "unmountable, no file system". I supposed it transferred the wrecked data over to the new drive. 

I'd rather avoid taking the entire array offline to scan/fix the disk (if it even will) and, when trolling the intertubes, I saw someone saying you don't need to unmount the entire array, just the problematic drive? IS this correct?

6 minutes ago, Tophicles said:

resiserfsck --rebuild-tree

If this was interrupted you need to run it again, since you replaced the disk you can run it on the old unassigned disk to avoid having the array offline, assuming you have enough ports, and then copy the data over, in that case take the opportunity to format the new disk xfs.