Drive clicking on power in unraid PC but not other WIn10 PC

I just got a 16TB drive to test out in my unraid. This will help reduce the number of 8TB drives I have (5+parity).  The first is going to replace my parity and the subsequent 16s will replace my 8s. When I plug in my 16TB drive it spins up and clicks in kind of a loop and is not seen as an unassigned device. I had the same issue with the previous 8TB parity drive I removed a few days ago. When I plug the 16TB into my Windows PC it does the initial spin up and click and runs smooth and is recognized in Disk Management. 

This made me think the previous 8TB is probably fine.. and something is wrong with my unraid PC. I tried 3 sata power connections in the computer and they all did the same thing. Two separate "chains" direct from the mobo - no adapters. What would cause this? My guess is the PSU. I actually don't remember what PSU I am running but it is probably an old mid tier EVGA 400w if I had to guess. My Windows PC does not have near as many drives but has 3 sata and a 1070TI and a EVGA gold PSU. 

I am considering just ordering an EVGA 850w GOLD from Amazon to try and remedy the issue. I wouldn't think click sounds would be power related but considering the drive(s) seem to be stuck in a boot loop I can see it being a power issue.

I think next I might stop the array and try to power the drive from another (working) drives sata power. Any other suggestions? Could this simply be a power supply issue? I have been plagued with weird issues for a long time and I am wondering now my PSU could be related to most of my previous issues. 

Thanks for any guidance!

Edited by statikcat

Not that I can tell it is a bit of a rats nest in there lol. I think the only adapters or for case fans. But I tried 3 open power cables that I traced back direct to the PSU. It is not modular probably due to its age so if the cables are bad the PSU might as well be bad I guess. I ordered a EVGA 850 gold that will arrive Saturday. I don't mind having a newer PSU anyway. Hopefully it will address the issue.

Edited by statikcat

I finally put in a 850 EVGA gold and the 16TB was instantly recognized and no weird noises so far just an hour into the preclear. I pulled out an old 400w EVGA which must be the issue. Thought I would follow up if anyone else has this issue. This probably solves all the weird issues I have been having!