We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

System Freezes during scheduled reboot

I tried searching pretty extensively for anyone else experiencing this, but I only found posts about freezes during normal operation. To clarify: my system works fine when it is fully booted. It's whenever I manually restart or use a scheduled restart that my system is hanging up during the boot process. Typically I have to physically power the device off and back on a few times before it will boot to USB fine. When it has issues, the system will POST and then just sit at a black screen after.

For some months this was fine because I was not restarting my system at all. Before I got my UPS it was only an annoyance whenever we lost power. However now that I have my UPS in place, its felt more like I'm using it as a band-aid to cover up the freezes during boot, rather than as a backup for power loss. 

Recently (a week or so ago), I setup a script to automatically reboot my system 2 times per week in the early hours. I'm waking up to a server/services that are offline. When I check my system it's powered on but not reachable and a blank screen if I power on my attached tv. If I disable this reboot script, it can run for weeks on end without any issues. 

5 hours ago, itz4blitz said:

I tried searching pretty extensively for anyone else experiencing this, but I only found posts about freezes during normal operation. To clarify: my system works fine when it is fully booted. It's whenever I manually restart or use a scheduled restart that my system is hanging up during the boot process. Typically I have to physically power the device off and back on a few times before it will boot to USB fine. When it has issues, the system will POST and then just sit at a black screen after.

For some months this was fine because I was not restarting my system at all. Before I got my UPS it was only an annoyance whenever we lost power. However now that I have my UPS in place, its felt more like I'm using it as a band-aid to cover up the freezes during boot, rather than as a backup for power loss. 

Recently (a week or so ago), I setup a script to automatically reboot my system 2 times per week in the early hours. I'm waking up to a server/services that are offline. When I check my system it's powered on but not reachable and a blank screen if I power on my attached tv. If I disable this reboot script, it can run for weeks on end without any issues. 

Whixh motherboard do you have, do you have fastboot enqbled in bios if yes disable.