Unraid creating share that appear empty

Looking for help understanding why unraid is creating new shares that appear to be empty, I did not create them. Can they be deleted? Server has been running pretty smooth and have been hesitant on upgrading versions, any help greatly appreciated.

Unraid Specs

6.10.0-RC1

Supermicro C7Z97-MF w/ Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

2x 12TB WD chucked(Parity) 4x 8 TB WD Shucked

LSI 9211-9i SAS card

2x 500 GB WD Blue SSD cache/plex cache

Intel I210 gigabit network card

20220804_195157.jpg

offroadnut-diagnostics-20220807-0928.zip

Hey.

• Looks like a docker container bindingbeing mounted on /mnt/user or equivalent diskshare. Please double check docker container volume bindings (probably appdata). In general these created folders can be deleted with no problem. Identify the creating container first.

• also your Mover cant find some directories anymore:

Aug  6 17:19:29 offroadnut move: error: move, 392: No such file or directory (2): lstat: /mnt/cache/Media/Downloads/SAB-Incomplete/Hogans.Heroes.S04.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS[rartv]/__ADMIN__/SABnzbd_nzf_32ywh3x4

• and Plex is throwing alot of errors like:

Jul 30 02:17:20 offroadnut kernel: Plex Media Scan[31725]: segfault at 0 ip 00001512502274fd sp 00007ffc02aa4740 error 4 in libavcodec.so.58[1512501f5000+292000]

• and you probably have some errors in smtp settings for (probably) gmail MTA ?

• In your Go file, please the modprobe i915 above Management Utility Start:
    #!/bin/bash

# Start Hardware Decoding Via Intel
    modprobe i915

# Start the Management Utility
    /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
    •  

That some to check for now, keep us posted what you did.

Edited by kdwg

Kdwg,

Thank you for the reply, I apologies for the questions but I'm still new to Unraid and anything not windows, my friend helped me set up this server and I don't know how to fix those errors? does this screen shot help at all? Again greatly appreciate your assistance

Screenshot from 2022-08-07 10-18-10.png

Edited by offroadnut
9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Looking at that screenshot, if a container created those folders then only Krusader and Handbrake have a level of access to the host file system that could do it.

I dont agree, as the created folders are created by specific docker containers in appdata normally. They shouldnt matter as the bindings for Handbrake and Krusader are just to access data on the array.

I'm not familiar with Plex, but I'd say @offroadnut just take a look on Plex. Take a look here please.

Can you confirm the created folders are on plex_cache ?

Okay i checked diagnostics again:

The shares exist on plex_cache only. Ls.io plex container ?

Edited by kdwg

Itimpi,

Again thank you for taking the time to help me with this. Sorry for the stupid question but I thought I set the appdata to mnt/plex_cache/ (which is what I named the plex SSD) as it shows in the picture, is this wrong? If so how do I fix it, still learning Linux and writing everything correctly in it.

5 hours ago, offroadnut said:

Itimpi,

Again thank you for taking the time to help me with this. Sorry for the stupid question but I thought I set the appdata to mnt/plex_cache/ (which is what I named the plex SSD) as it shows in the picture, is this wrong? If so how do I fix it, still learning Linux and writing everything correctly in it.

This is wrong :(

You need to add a folder name to that path (e.g. /mnt/plex_cache/plex) which will end up with a share named after the folder name).   You can pick any folder name you want that makes sense to you. After making that change you can manually move the existing contents into that folder and plex will not notice any difference.