error message?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Please be kind as I know nothing about this stuff. I had someone build a nas and unraid for me to store my BD collection, however hes gone to ground, so now Im alone sorting things and trying to learn... I have these two error messages but I dont know what they mean or if the disks are on there way out, can someone please help me?

error.png

3 minutes ago, MurrayT said:

I dont know if this is what you are asking for, sorry Im so dumb on all this?

statemedianas-diagnostics-20220815-1428.zip 152.73 kB · 0 downloads

Hey now, you’re not “so dumb on all this”. You’re learning, you’ve spotted a potential problem, you’re wise to ask about it, the question ended up in a very suitable place, and from the looks of it you correctly followed the given additional instruction. You’re going to do great!

Unfortunately I’m not in front of a computer right now so I can’t take a closer look at the diagnostics. Hopefully someone else will get to it soon!

• Like 1
  • Solution

You can acknowledge both, then keep monitoring, disk4 are CRC errors, this is usually a SATA cable problem so if you get a new warning in the future change that, disk6 has some reallocated sectors, not great but not fatal, again monitor for more in the future, if it keeps increasing you might consider replacing it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You can acknowledge both, then keep monitoring, disk4 are CRC errors, this is usually a SATA cable problem so if you get a new warning in the future change that, disk6 has some reallocated sectors, not great but not fatal, again monitor for more in the future, if it keeps increasing you might consider replacing it.

Thank you very much for your message.

• Like 1