We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[Solved]All files protected without parity drives?

Hello,

I am relatively new to Unraid but I have come a long way with all the information and videos around. I recently installed a second SSD and want to use the total space as the cache(250GB + 512GB from the new one). I achieved that by choosing single drive by clicking the first SSD. I wonder about one thing though.

I have set the appdata, domains and system directories to as "prefer Cache". I havent set any parity drives at all in the system. but the shares tab reports that just the domains and system directories have "all files protected"? 

When I click on these shares, they only show that they are on the Cache pool and not on the array.

I searched a lot about finding an answer to this but I didnt succeed. Any ideas why this is happening with just the 2/3 and how I could turn it off?

Thanks in advance

Edited by m33ts4k0z

The default for a pool is to use the btrfs raid1 profile.   This gives you redundancy for files on the pool but at the expense of less usable space.   You can click on the pool on the Main tab to switch it to a profile (e.g. Single) that will give you increased usable space but at the expense of losing redundancy.

7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The default for a pool is to use the btrfs raid1 profile.   This gives you redundancy for files on the pool but at the expense of less usable space.   You can click on the pool on the Main tab to switch it to a profile (e.g. Single) that will give you increased usable space but at the expense of losing redundancy.

Thanks for the answer,

As I said, I have already clicked on the first drive and done that. The pool is reporting the total space(about 760GB) as available but they also show that files are protected.

I attached some screenshots to display the issue. The appdata, domains and system are now on "yes" because I move the files to array. But they were on Prefer all along.

2022-08-15 18_39_06-Ariadne_Shares.png

2022-08-15 18_38_54-Ariadne_Main.png

Edited by m33ts4k0z
41 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, profile is not checked, for now it assumes raid1 when there's more than one device.

So this is just a visual bug then? The data are not really protected I suppose? I tried to recreate the pool and copied the data back but its the same again for just these 2 directories, not the appdata.

Edited by m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z changed the title to [Solved]All files protected without parity drives?