Non-ION Zotac Zbox - $139.99

Rajahal

Damn, you are right.  TigerDirect includes 'ION' in the product name, which as far as I can tell is a typo.  You can see that the Zotac page for this Zbox makes no mention of ION whatsoever.

For anyone who bought this - unless you want an SD-only HTPC, then I would recommend that you cancel your order or return this.  TigerDirect is wrong in claiming that this is an ION Zbox, so you have a good reason for the refund or return.

Just in case, newegg item # N82E16856176002 is the Giada Cube Series CUBE-N3-D2OB NVIDIA ION Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System. Dual-core 330 but in a better case than the Zotac and this one does have the ION NB. $149 shipped and you get a $25 newegg gift card.

Just in case, newegg item # N82E16856176002 is the Giada Cube Series CUBE-N3-D2OB NVIDIA ION Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System. Dual-core 330 but in a better case than the Zotac and this one does have the ION NB. $149 shipped and you get a $25 newegg gift card.

I think I hate you...  I just ordered one of the Giga Cube boxes...  With 2Gig RAM, a 8Gig CF card, and a SATA-to-CF adapter it came to $214.39 and that includes a $25 gift card... so total is actually $189.39 for a new totally silent HTPC for XBMC

Just curious, why do you consider it to be a better case?

Just curious, why do you consider it to be a better case?

Just that fatter metal cases are easier to cool quietly or even passively than thin plastic ones. I've heard these get warm and noisy out of the box.

Thanks, I didn't know it was metal.  I assumed it was plastic from the images.

Archived