[6.10.3][BUG] Pool being accessed when not assigned to shares.

Go to solution Solved by Azxiana,

I have what looks like a bug in Unraid.

No shares use or have selected the newly created "Backup" pool.  This new pool is used entirely to back up contents from the array.  The existing "Cache" pool is for copying to the server only.

However, when accessing files I frequently have to wait for the Backup pool drives to spin up from sleep mode.  As well, the shares are reporting the time stamps of the files in the Backup pool instead of the Array.

Based on how I understand the documentation and expect this to work then this should be classified as a bug.

image.png.a177e0b15b0d27c104b10fb34a4206dc.png

Read access to files in a User Share will find the files on all drives if they exist with the right path regardless of the User Share settings.   If a file exists on more than one drive then the first found is shown (the search order is pools in alphabetical order followed by array drives in ascending disk# order).

It is write access for new files that are controlled by the various settings for a User Share that can control placement.

• Solution
3 hours ago, itimpi said:

Read access to files in a User Share will find the files on all drives if they exist with the right path regardless of the User Share settings.   If a file exists on more than one drive then the first found is shown (the search order is pools in alphabetical order followed by array drives in ascending disk# order).

It is write access for new files that are controlled by the various settings for a User Share that can control placement.

Ah, so I could get around this issue then by putting my backups into a subfolder.  Thank you!~