Doing annual server maintnece, should I update to 6.10 stable or 6.11 beta?

So I am doing my annual server maintenance (don't you judge me, we all know that once they are running stable we are lucky to even think about it unless something goes wrong).

I am trying to decide if I should update to the 6.10 stable or 6.11 beta?

Any issues with the beta? Or any features in it that I might want?

Also, anything I should know about updating from 6.9.2 to 6.10?

My personal opinion is if you waited this long, wait a little longer for 6.11 to go stable for a week or two and reevaluate then. 6.10 feels like a wrap up of necessary updates for many of the new features with the myservers addon, while 6.11 seems to be not about adding features but getting all the back end stuff in order, kind of a deep breath before pushing ahead with new features again. I'm hoping 6.11 will turn out to be a good spot to upgrade to for "annual server maintenance" as you put it.

15 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

My personal opinion is if you waited this long, wait a little longer for 6.11 to go stable for a week or two and reevaluate then. 6.10 feels like a wrap up of necessary updates for many of the new features with the myservers addon, while 6.11 seems to be not about adding features but getting all the back end stuff in order, kind of a deep breath before pushing ahead with new features again. I'm hoping 6.11 will turn out to be a good spot to upgrade to for "annual server maintenance" as you put it.

Thanks for the info. Any idea how close they are until 6.11 goes stable?

Worried I will put it off then the holidays will hit and next thing I know, it is next summer lol.

Just now, TexasUnraid said:

Thanks for the info. Any idea how close they are until 6.11 goes stable?

Worried I will put it off then the holidays will hit and next thing I know, it is next summer lol.

LOL. Not an unreasonable worry. 🤣

Honestly I have no idea, but this release cycle "feels" shorter to me, simply because of the lack of feature creep in 6.11 vs. previous versions.

11 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

LOL. Not an unreasonable worry. 🤣

Honestly I have no idea, but this release cycle "feels" shorter to me, simply because of the lack of feature creep in 6.11 vs. previous versions.

lol, every time I do this I think I will do better and update again in a few months, has not really worked out that way yet.