Getting files from USB to array

SamC
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

New to Unraid. Just installed it in fact.

I'm a little confused about how i go about getting my existing data off of USB drives onto my array. Do i have to mount them to another computer and copy over the network?
I saw mention of the snap plugin but that doesn't seem to be available for v6.

Any better suggestions than moving over the network?

Thanks

@trurl Yeah, i have more data than my cache drives. I have 4x 2tb USB HDDs (they're not all full, don't have that data handy) and 4 new 2tb SSDs drives for the array. So i was gonna go parity-less until, at least, one of the HDDs is moved over because i've read SSD as parity is a no-no

@ChatNoir thanks. Then how do i go about moving the data? Is it done on the web interface somewhere? (Sorry, not at my box right now to check it out, trying to get as sorted as i can before going at it tonight)

Thanks again

• Solution
2 minutes ago, SamC said:

how do i go about moving the data?

See the Unassigned Devices thread for how to use that plugin. If you are on v6.10+ you can also install Dynamix File Manager plugin to work with the files directly on the server.

If all this is too much to learn to get started you can just transfer over the network.