Renaming 'user' share

Indy1204

Hi. I attempted to update to 6.11 RC4 the other day and I believe my flash drive failed part way though. Ultimately I restored to new key and left it as is. I don't know what version I was on before this, but I have a feeling I ended up going from 6.9 to where I am now at 6.10.3.

Once this was done a lot of things broke. Mainly docker and VM stuff as far as I can tell. From what I've read I need to rename the /mnt/user folder to something else. I've stopped the VM and Docker services, restarted and attempted to rename but it says its in use. My understanding is that I need to either rename the existing 'user' folder, or create a new one and move everything to it. Which of these options will work best?

1. Can this folder simply be renamed along with VM and Docker paths updated and have it work? If so, what would be causing the folder to still be locked?
  2. Attempt the same as above but reboot into safe mode. (Never done this. No idea if that would work)
  3. Create a new folder and move everything from 'user' to the new folder.
  4. ??

What's the correct way of doing this? Is there anything else besides the VM and Docker service paths, along with all docker container path updates?

Thanks

tank01-diagnostics-20220907-1206.zip

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

No, that cannot be rename, you can create/rename user shares since they are just any top level folder.

Thanks. My appdata folder sits inside that user folder. In fact it seems all my shares sit in there too. Are there system folders/files that need to remain in the user folder? Would I then create a new folder and move everything else to it? e.g. adguard_home, ApacheGuacamole, etc?

wCv7lMY.png