Git config disappear after reboot

Qichen

I have a few github repo in my unraid server, and it'd be convenient if I can push updates to github from my server directly. However, whenever my server reboot, my git config would disappear. Specifically, if I run in the terminal that

git config --list

The output would be 

byte 0/0 (END)

This would happen whenever I reboot/shutdown my server, even though I just edited the config right before shutdown.

Is there anything I can do to stop my git config from disappearing after reboot?

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:58 AM, Qichen said:

I have a few github repo in my unraid server, and it'd be convenient if I can push updates to github from my server directly. However, whenever my server reboot, my git config would disappear. Specifically, if I run in the terminal that

git config --list

The output would be 

byte 0/0 (END)

This would happen whenever I reboot/shutdown my server, even though I just edited the config right before shutdown.

Is there anything I can do to stop my git config from disappearing after reboot?

Unraid is running from RAM so anything that is not on persistent storage gets lost.

For what you want you need to make a copy of the relevant files to the flash drive and then re-instate them on reboot either by entries in the config/go file on the flash or by running a script on first array start via the User Script plugin.   It might be possible to use a symlink to the flash copy to make updates automatically get saved there.