New to Unraid. System randomly crashing

discokid

Hi, so for the better part of the week I've been using my free time to slowly get my unraid system up and running built off of hardware I upgraded last year. Generally speaking everything runs great, but without warning my system will become unresponsive. Trying to access the system through IP on a different computer will give a response that the system cannot be reached. When I connect a monitor to the Unraid system, the normally displayed text will be gone and an unresponsive black screen is all I get. Doing a hard reboot is the only way to get the system to respond again.

Since this has happened at least once every day (but usually more), I have looked at different posts on the forum. I set up the syslog to mirror to the flash, but after analyzing it and comparing several crashes I can't make heads or tails of what the common thread is. I've tried searching the last actions pre-failure to see if it leads any where, but have yet to find any guidance through googling yet.

I've attached the diagnostic zip below, but can offer up any files or info that may help to further troubleshoot what might be my issue.

tower-diagnostics-20220908-1938.zip

Hello, you should probably look at this :

6 hours ago, discokid said:

I set up the syslog to mirror to the flash, but after analyzing it and comparing several crashes I can't make heads or tails of what the common thread is. I've tried searching the last actions pre-failure to see if it leads any where, but have yet to find any guidance through googling yet.

You can also attach this syslog since you already have it (it is NOT included in the diagnostics).

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. I actually found the same post some time after posting last night and believe it resolved my issue (disabling C-States, I mean). My unraid server has had its longest uptime since disabling the settings in bios. I'll still attach the syslog file to be safe though (I thought on the diagnostic export page it said syslog was included in the export, but I guess I misread).

syslog