After upgrading to 6.10.3 VMs don't work!

sjohnson

Hi All,

So I upgraded to 6.10.3 and all my VMs stopped working, I'm running LibreELEC and Win10

1. I noticed that the VM manager didn't start, due to Python 2.x no longer being installed, so I re-installed via nerd pack.
    • That didn't fix the issue
  2. I saw the post about "SMB Multi Channel" being turned on that helped someone else, so did that too
    • That didn't fix the issue (even tried upgrading to 6.11 RC as well, still nothing)
  3. Noticed in the VM logs that there was "display none", so I messed around with the Video/ROM settings (I have a Zotec GTX 1050 Ti)
    • That didn't fix the issue
  4. Reverted back to 6.9.2, re-installed Python 2, and undid all my changes
    • Everything work fine again???

Hoping someone can help me fix this issue so that I can the upgrade to work!

Thanks, in advance!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, Evedoescomputerstuff said:

This is probably not the right answer but can you try re-creating your VMs (not their vdisks ) from scratch? 

Tried that and still doesn't work :(

Even tried to create a brand new LibreELEC VM from scratch and that also fails.... I've spent hours on it and every time I have to revert back to 6.9.2 to get things to work again... would really appreciate some help on this, but don't know what else to do :(

Latest unRaid ver I tried with was 6.11.5, still no luck :(

Edited by sjohnson
5 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Even tried to create a brand new LibreELEC VM from scratch and that also fails.... I've spent hours on it and every time I have to revert back to 6.9.2 to get things to work again... would really appreciate some help on this, but don't know what else to do :(

Are you able to post diagnostics from 6.9.2. Not sure why you need python2. Maybe a plugin is causing the issue.

19 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Are you passing thru gpus? does you system uefi boot or legacy?

18 hours ago, SimonF said:

Are you able to post diagnostics from 6.9.2. Not sure why you need python2. Maybe a plugin is causing the issue.

I needed Python 2 for the 6.11.5 to run the VMs same with 6.9.2 -- and it downloaded some diagnostics when I downgraded, but not sure if it anonymized it (is there a way to check?)

4 hours ago, SimonF said:

Are you passing thru gpus? does you system uefi boot or legacy?

Yes I'm using passthru to use my GPU and I believe it's a uefi boot as the system is relatively new as per the specs in my sig

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, sjohnson said:

DMed you the logs

Hey, did you ever end up figuring this out? I am running into the same issue when I upgrade past anything 6.9.2 

Like wise recreating does not solve the issues or point back to the VM. Only reverting back to version 6.9.2 will allow VM's to boot..

Sorta confused overall but want the new features :'(.