Server breaks entire network. (Realtek RTL8125 might be at fault)

Doommius

I know this sounds like a weird issue, I'm unsure if this issue is caused by Unraid or a hardware issue. but sometimes when the server is booted prior to the DCHP server or if the DHCP server is restarted having the Server connected to the Network blocks any IP assignment and breaks it if it's connected without a reboot.

My network gear is as follows:

ubiquity NSG-3p

ubiquity Cloud key gen 2 plus

ubiquity AC pro x2 with POE injectors

Netgear GS316 switch

The server is using a MSI Z490-A PRO (MS-7C75) motherboard with a Realtek RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 04) who i believe might be the culprit or some driver related to it.

I found a post on google mentioning 

"Quick update on RTL8125 - Realtek has identified an issue with flow control pause packets, which could cause LAN disruptions and outages, and will be fixed in in next driver version (v10.048). Additionally, they are reviewing the driver code related to Interrupt moderation and Large Send Offload, both of which have proved problematic in testing." but I was unable to locate the original source.

I don't have the issue in windows, so could the fault be that the driver on Unraid is older with the flaws mentioned above.?

Yeah, I'll see what I have available. I have a broadcom nic i can test with. Was planning on upgrading hardware and migrating the primary server to unraid this weekend but with the above issue with the new hardware i'll stay with the old hardware for now.

Update: The older hardware seems to be running fine. I'll just write it down as an incompatibility between Slackware and the 2.5g nic. Seems like it won't be able to use the hardware I had in mind for the unraid build.  So i'm back to the drawing board in some regards here.

Edited by Doommius
Added update for stated action mentioned in post.
  • Like 1