Accidently Pulled running disk, now disabled

I'm an idiot. I wasn't looking closely enough at which hot swap bay I opened and pulled an active array drive while the array was running. The disk is now disabled.

I literally just finished a parity check an hour ago, so the parity should be 100% correct and up to date. Can I just run new config-retain current, and check the box for parity being valid before I start the array?

Or am I better off treating the now disabled disk as a new disk and adding it back into the array to be rebuilt from parity?

I'm not an expert, but before all trying that, why not just reboot the server. 

You won't do something that can't be undone, and I have a guess it will solve the problem.

"new config" is irreverseble, so don't do it without some advice from an expert here.

Don't know about the rebuild, but also propably better wait for advice before you do that.

1 minute ago, Wimpie said:

I'm not an expert, but before all trying that, why not just reboot the server. 

You won't do something that can't be undone, and I have a guess it will solve the problem.

"new config" is irreverseble, so don't do it without some advice from an expert here.

Don't know about the rebuild, but also propably better wait for advice before you do that.

I already restarted, it didn't help.

15 minutes ago, weirdcrap said:

which hot swap bay I opened

No point in doing hotswap with Unraid since it won't do anything with a disk until you assign it, and you can't make assignment changes with the array started.

Why were you trying to do that anyway? You say you did it wrong, but don't say what you meant to do.

3 minutes ago, Wimpie said:

Did you unselect the drive, and then select it again in the same slot (when the array is stopped)?

Hope you understand what I mean, if it is disk 3, put the disk 3 slot in "no" drive, and then select the drive again in the disk 3 slot.

Unraid knows its the same disk, that won't change anything.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

No point in doing hotswap with Unraid since it won't do anything with a disk until you assign it, and you can't make assignment changes with the array started.

Why were you trying to do that anyway? You say you did it wrong, but don't say what you meant to do.

@trurl I wasn't trying to do the act of "hot swapping" a drive. I'm simply referring to the physical type of bay where you can easily open it, remove a disk, and insert another without having to unscrew anything. Sleds or trays I guess would be a better word.

All I was trying to do was remove a disk that isn't part of my array from the machine. I accidentally popped open the wrong tray.

Edited by weirdcrap
11 minutes ago, Wimpie said:

Hope you understand what I mean, if it is disk 3, put the disk 3 slot in "no" drive, and then select the drive again in the disk 3 slot.

You have to start the array with the disk not assigned, then stop the array, reassign, start the array to begin rebuild.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

You have to start the array with the disk not assigned, then stop the array, reassign, start the array to begin rebuild.

I think they were suggesting that simply unassigning the disk and reassigning it would just magically make the array whole again.

I've started a rebuild on the data drive. Thanks for your help.