Lost important 200 gig vm after adding drives

I added 2 drives and moved 2 ssds from array to cache. on one of the ssds was the important vm.

there was a existing cache drive in one pool.

i added both ssds to the same one the disk with the important vm below the top ssd.

i noticed that the ssd was part of a pool or something like that and doesnt have a bar that shows how full it is

it looked a litlebit suss to me and i put it back in the array to see what is on there. there was only the few files stored in the initial cache(the vm is gone)

i am worried that the vm is now gone. (it did NOT say anything about data deletion or something like that. it also didnt took long at all)

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

If you added the SSDs to an existing pool any that on the added devices would be deleted. 

is it possible to recover the data? like open with hex editor(my pc cant read the disk at all)

or as my dad suggest format btrfs on it and hope that the bulk data is not gone

Just now, JorgeB said:

Why not? It should find any connected device.

it just does not show up. all other drives including unraid array and cache drives are working except that one

on that ont either just nothing happens or a error message from windows pops up that says the usb device is not recognized

i use an adapter from sata to usb.