Unraid 6.11 freeze with i915 gpu passthrough on Proxmox

Hey all

I upgraded to 6.11 this morning and rebooted my system and now it hangs initializing the i915. Anyone have any idea? Had to revert back to 6.10.1 to get this to boot. I'm not sure what changed in Unraid that would have stopped it from working (nor not sure how to get 6.11 working on Proxmox now).

Here's the message (also screenshot attached):

i915 0000:04:00.0: drm] VT-d active for gfx access

This is the last message and it's just hung there. Tried shutting down the VM, restarting Proxmox.. 

Thanks!

A7C9AFF1-FC7A-4321-B34D-521F71AF750F.jpeg

No joy.. Removed NerdPack, still hangs right at the i915 initialization. Removing the GPU from the VM allows it to boot no problem, re-adding it and it fails at the same place.

There is something wonky in the 6.11 branch that is causing this. I doubt it's package/plugin related because where the system initializes the GPU card it's still early in the boot phase, before it's been handed off to Unraid. 

Very frustrating that I can't upgrade :( :( :(

Unfortunately I'm taking the steps to dump  Unraid (probably for open media vault with snapraid and mergerfs). If I can't upgrade then it's effectively useless to me. 

I'm familiar with Linux and have rolled my own before. Just got to the age where I didn't want to tinker. Oh well. 

Since virtualizing unraid isn't officially supported I'm not expecting much traction so I'm not really feeling too keen to go spelunking through it. 

Ah well. Probably for the best. Slack was pissing me off anyway. 

I have the exact same issue, I have found a slight workaround. If you plug your monitor cable into the onboard graphic slot of your motherboard you should be able to see the terminal working as normal. But once you plug it back into your GPU it still shows the frozen terminal. 

Seems very odd.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...