Poor Network / Internet Performance

Kasp

Hello All,

I believe i am suffering from poor network / internet performance from my unraid server and i am struggling to put my finger on the issue and generally would love some help.

There are a few things that are going on that make me believe this is the case.

1) I am occasionally getting a warning stating that "api error timed out when connecting to the mothership" this comes up in the top right of the screen

2) API Calls from Overseer can take upto 1.25mins to process

3) I seem to have alot of drops (currently at 112511, 13 day server uptime) on my "bond0" interface adaptor

image.png.f25db4b59813ace58c4d182d2a9886da.png

4) Plugings / Docker version check (12 Plugins, 14 Dockers) takes so long to process i never actually seen it finish. I do get the updated auto however.

I have a few things installed on my server where i have followed guides etc from spaceinvaderone or ibracorp. For example i have SWAG with nextcloud. Things have improved slightly when i disabled Shanobi, but it still still very slow

I have attached my tower-diagnostics, any help would be great or of there is anything i can read to set me off in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it

tower-diagnostics-20221009-0915.zip

On 10/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Squid said:

You can try simplifying the network a bit disable bonding in Settings - Network settings.  Not necessary since there's only a single NIC

Wouldn't hurt either to do a full network reboot (switches, router etc)

Thanks alot for your reply. 

I have disabled bonding in the settings and have also reset my router etc. However it does not seem to have fixed the issue. I am planning on trying a new cable today so will report back if that has changed anything.

If there is any other diags or things i can run to help push towards the root of the problem them please do let me know