Change network settings

thany

I need to make some changes to my network settings, but every field is greyed out.

At the bottom of the form it says:

Stop VM manager and Docker service to make changes, see (Settings)

But it doesn't say, you know, what then? Wiki also doesn't have any information on this. Just a (very!) brief explanation of the network settings... That's okay as long as the software is self-explanatory. But here's the thing. I cannot see a services/daemons applet in Settings. And sure I can totally disable Docker/VMs in their settings applets, but at least in the case of VMs, that on a previous occasion, same unRAID version 6.11.1, destroyed the VM that I had configured. So I really don't wanna do that again. Docker kept its applications after re-enabling, so that one would be fine.

I've stopped the array, which consequently keeps Docker and VM from functioning, but I still can't change the network settings.

If I may, I would suggest a deeplink to where the user actually needs to be, to disable those two services. Or better yet, do it right then&there. Or even better: when network settings are about to be saved, ask the user if it's okay to reboot the Docker and VM services as part of the network settings change.

Basically I don't know what I should do (safely ;)) to proceed to changing network settings.

I found something that works without destroying my VM settings.

1. Shutdown all VMs

2. Stop all dockers

3. Stop the array

4. Reboot

5. Change network settings at will.

I'm guessing the reboot causes the OS to start with the docker and VM services stopped when the array is not yet started.

Hopefully soon we'll get a feature to actually do what the network settings is asking to do :)