Question about cache drive

I've been reading the cache and cache pool FAQ but I still have some doubts and really would like some advice for my scenario.

Right now I have a 240gb SSD sata drive as cache and a 2TB as unsigned device outside of the array.

I don't use mover and only my appdata is on my cache drive.

What I use my cache drive is for partial usenet downloads (incomplete folder) and I set on my unsigned device the complete folder.

Usenet requires large unpaking and now that I'm getting a gigabit internet I want to improve my download speeds and specially unrar speed on completed downloads.

I'm considering add a ssd nvme m.2 500gb drive and set it as cache.

My question is, if I add it as cache pool the size missmatch will be a problem, right?

If using raid0?

Also this wouldn't be ideal because it would download on both and unpack on both.

So, would be best to leave the 240gb as a complete download drive, and leave it as unsgined device and partial download on the new ssd nvme 500gb drive as a cache drive?

And one final question, if appdata is not in any drive of the array, only on cache disk, if the cache disk dies, all data is gone, right?

So, the best way to back it up, excluding the backup plugin and storing elsewhere, would be creating a script to copy it's content to the array every 24 hours, right?

So if the drive dies, you just add another drive, set as cache and copy from the array to the cache drive.

Does it sound as a good alternative?