Can't stop constant annoying unwanted 6.11 update "banners"?

dev_guy

I have "Unraid OS Update Notification" set to "Never Check" yet I still get frequent annoying banners, pretty much every time I log on, telling me 6.11.1 is available. I'm running 6.10.3 and have no desire to update given the issues many users have reported with 6.11. Is there a way to stop these annoying upgrade banners? Why does Unraid not honor the "Never Check" option for those of us wanting to stay on our current version? This is more what I'd expect from Microsoft or Google trying to force updates not Unraid. I've searched the forums and have not found a solution. Any help would be appreciated if I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Once an update was noticed, then by design it will always show that update when a new browser session is opened (ie: close your browser down and then re-open it)

If you've done a Tools - Update OS and check for updates then you will keep seeing that banner every time you re-open the browser.  

A reboot will fix your problems, as the downloaded file that indicates that an update is available won't be there, and won't be generated again

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

Once an update was noticed, then by design it will always show that update when a new browser session is opened (ie: close your browser down and then re-open it)

If you've done a Tools - Update OS and check for updates then you will keep seeing that banner every time you re-open the browser.  

A reboot will fix your problems, as the downloaded file that indicates that an update is available won't be there, and won't be generated again

Thanks! I'll give that a try although it's happening on multiple PCs/laptops. It's possible none of them have been re-booted, had cookies cleared, etc. Just as feedback for the Unraid team, that's a poor way to handle things. If a user selects "never check" for updates you shouldn't nag them under any circumstances. Or, worst case, only nag them once and never again after they dismiss the first update notice. It's something Unraid should fix especially given it's a paid product.