Issue Copying Files Over To Fresh UNRAID NAS Build

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all,

So this is my first time using UNRAID and it's been a while since I have worked on any sort of NAS stuff, so consider me a beginner lol. Anyways, I have recently built a new NAS as my old one was full and decided to give UNRAID (Version 6.11.1 ) a shot. I built the computer using some hardware I had lying around (i7 3770K, ASUS Maximus V Extreme mobo, 32 GB of DDR3 ram, and 2x 4TB Ironwolf drives). I set it all up following a couple tutorials online and have a basic setup with 1 drive as a parity and the other as a regular storage drive, 2 users, and 2 shares. I got the share I'm planning on using mapped to my computer and started copying files over and that's where my issue comes into play: It seems that random files ( of all types and sizes) don't want to copy over from my old NAS. I have verified that machine is OK because I chose some of the files that were problematic and copied them to my windows 10 laptop and it went just fine. Even copying these "problematic" files to my laptop, and then to the new UNRAID NAS I still get the same issue. Basically what happens is most of the files will copy over fine, but then for whatever reason the windows copying utility will stop and say that some of the files already exist on the NAS ( which they don't) and it asks whether you would like to replace them in the destination or skip them. If you hit replace files in destination, I'm prompted with a box that says that I need permission to perform this action and hitting retry has no effect what so ever(The same box just reappears and tells me I need permission). If I skip the files all the other non problematic files appear in the share just fine, and the "problematic" files appear there too, but checking their properties reveal that they are taking up 0KB of space so they are only there in name and only show up after hitting skip in the dialog box from windows(As opposed to showing up as they are being copied over like normal)....

I have tried redoing the users, shares, array, running the smart utility on the drives (came back with 0 errors), and even started all over again with a different boot flash drive and completely fresh install and am still getting the same issue.

If anyone has any ideas what is going on here I'd really like to know because I really want to be able to use this new rig starting soon! Also, if I missed some key info that yall need to know let me know and I will gladly post it in the thread!

Thanks in advance!

-Colin