Update 6.11.x breaks accessing SMB shares with usernames formatted as email address

Several years ago when I first setup my unraid server, I followed these instructions to create a user on my server so that my Windows clients where I use a MS Account for login could access the unraid SMB shares directly without having to manually enter other credentials. Been working fine for several years now.

Upgraded to from 6.10 to 6.11.1 this week, and this user can no longer access shares. Using other user credentials who's usernames are "normal" work fine, but the user who's name is in [email protected] format doesn't work. And it's not just from Windows clients. I would also use this user credential to access the server from my iPhone (either browsing shares with VLC to play some videos or with the Files app), and neither of these options work any more either. I have to edit my connections to user basic usernames.

Can this please be investigated? Happy to supply whatever logs you want/need.