more server crashes

Mlatx
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I recently had issues with macvlan crashing unraid. I tried to go with ipvlan, but issues with that cause me to revert back to macvlan without unique IP's. That's great and no issues with macvlan in the logs.

Today, my server crashed shortly after what looks like disks spinning down. That was the last point in the log before restarting. The PSU is new, so I doubt it is a power issue. For now, I don't have disks spinning down.

Also, I see ipv6 comments in the log, but unraid and pfsense are set to not use ipv6.

What would cause disks spinning down to freeze the system?

Why are ipv6 entries shown?

To add some more context, I am seeing this error throughout the log not shown in the attached snipiet.

Oct 15 00:00:20 server kernel: critical target error, dev sdg, sector 1950353247 op 0x3:(DISCARD) flags 0x800 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Oct 15 00:00:20 server kernel: BTRFS warning (device sdg1): failed to trim 1 device(s), last error -121

I tried to manually run trim using, fstrim -v /mnt/cache/, and the same error showed up.

I'll run an extended smart test on my cache drive. Could this be an imminent cache failure, or is it something else?

log.txt

Edited by Mlatx
  • Solution

Strange that the permanent syslog didn't show this but the current syslog does:

Oct 20 00:43:49 server kernel: macvlan_broadcast+0x10a/0x150 [macvlan]
Oct 20 00:43:49 server kernel: macvlan_process_broadcast+0xbc/0x12f [macvlan]

But that's good news since Macvlan call traces are usually the result of having dockers with a custom IP address and will end up crashing the server, switching to ipvlan should fix it (Settings -> Docker Settings -> Docker custom network type -> ipvlan (advanced view must be enabled, top right)).

I don't have any custom IP addresses. I did, and had macvlan show up before. I posted in anotherr thread I started. ipvlan did not fix the issue. It caused other issues. Then I removed all custom IP addresses.

I have the standard bridge network for internal dockers. I created a network, proxynet, for external dockers. And my nzbget has no network routing through delugevpn. I've never had these issues until 6.10.