Unraid 6.10.3 shutsdown after starting array

APJ
Go to solution Solved by APJ,

So this is weird and out of nowhere, I was close to the machine and I heard the beeping sound it makes when it turns on, since it was already on this means an unexpected reboot.

IDK what happened, no new plugins installed recently, just a docker (mkvtoolnix) but it was idle.

My array and cache are encrypted so when the keyfile isn`t around it does not start the array, so I tried that and the machine starts as one would hope, but after inserting the keyfile it just shutsdown again.

I can start the array under maintenance mode, without maintenance mode it seems like the array does start however very shortly after the machine powers itself off. Disabled auto vm on and auto docker but that did not do any good.

Im using Unraid 6.10.3 Basic, one parity disk, three disks and two pools with nvme. Also machine runs on Ryzen 5600G with 32GB RAM.

Got a photo of screen after it initiated the shutdown, maybe that helps? Also the log is attached.

erro.jpg

edit:

I do have pcies override enabled so I can passthrough my dedicated GPU and run win10 on the same machine

mirtaotower-diagnostics-20221023-0115.zip

Edited by APJ
  • Solution

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode to rule out a plugin issue.

I thought I tried it before posting but maybe not. Anyway it kind of worked, under safe mode it booted as it usually does and after I tried booting a conventional boot and it also worked.

I think it might have something to do with the Dynamix S3 Sleep plugin, I have it enabled to turn the machine off at 1AM but the unexpected reboot was before like 12:51PM so I discarded that. However the troubleshooting started after 1AM and I suspect that's when the plugin started turning the system off right after the array start. I have some conditions to turn the machine off automaticaly, maybe that needs some tuning.

Anyway thanks a lot, it really freaked me out losing the machine like that

• Like 1