User shares turned into disk shares

embiem
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, I've been following the "Remove Drives Then Rebuild Parity" method from this guide: https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array to remove 2 SSDs from the array and only keep the same HDD parity and one HDD disk. Before I started I set all shares to cache:yes and ran the mover (as suggested here), then I moved all files from the SSDs to the HDD that I wanted to keep in the array. 

All worked fine, I re-started the array and it started the Parity-Sync. I can confirm that all files are also perfectly fine on the remaining disk.

The issue: no user shares are showing anymore (appdata, system etc and my custom shares) and only one disk share is showing where all the files are located now.

I have not re-started the docker service yet.

Should I just re-create the user shares manually? Will they pick-up the existing folders on my drive?

I want the system shares to be cache:prefer again, but ofc they should pick-up the existing data. I'm unsure how to best proceed to get to that result.

Thank you for any tips!

Edited by embiem
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Oct 28 09:30 ./
drwxr-xr-x 7 root   root  140 Oct 28 20:23 ../

It's still a relatively new server. I can backup all files temporarily, reset the Unraid server and copy all files back if that's the safest approach to fix this?

Edited by embiem

ohhhh you're my hero!! Thank you!!

I totally forgot I had this enabled from the "Shrink Array" guide.

It was actually showing as "All" in the UI, but I selected the new Disk1, applied it, then deselected it again to include All, applied it. Started Array and now the shares are showing up! Seems like the UI has a bug here, or at least shows "All" even though an old & now unassigned Disk is still selected.

I can confirm it's a bug, but it's kind of a corner case, and this is #1 for the procedure you've followed:

"Make sure that the drive or drives you are removing have been removed from any inclusions or exclusions for all shares, including in the global share settings. Shares should be changed from the default of "All" to "Include". This include list should contain only the drives that will be retained."

So as long as the instructions are followed there won't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

weird share issue just popped up tonight

all my shares were fine but somehow all my folders in my media shares are now user shares? No reboot since I upgraded to new OS and that was 3 days ago... and now all my NFS shares are stale on my clients

Screenshot from 2022-11-13 22-08-50.png

Edited by phanb
more info

I haven't done anything like that... here is a screenshot of my shares from a different system

Krusader shows the exact same thing as the screenshot below and I have that mounted as /mnt/user/

so I can't explain this but it's not the scenerio of accidentally copied/moved to top level, but odd that Conspiracy Theory shows up there

sorry attached wrong screenshot...

again sorry if I am understanding your implication incorrectly, but this cannot be something initiated by a user as I am the only person that has access to the backend & frontend... all other users are simply plex from a different server/ interface.

Screenshot from 2022-11-14 01-38-18.png

Edited by phanb
wrong screenshot