Replace Cache SSD with M2 unit

Go to solution Solved by Alcarimon,

HI to everybody

I'd like to change my cache drive from the actual SSD to a M2 one, and with this shot I'll get free a Sata slot and I'll improve my unraid storage with another HDD, but I'm afraid to do a big trouble. 

I use cache drive for dockers only as you can see on the images attached, so have I to copy the folder from my old SSD to the new one and stop or have a to do something else? is it better a clone of SSD? 

TKS

IMAGE 2022-10-31 14:24:45.jpg

2022-10-31 14.33.40.jpg

Edited by Alcarimon
  • Alcarimon changed the title to Replace Cache SSD with M2 unit
32 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Tks for your help. 

I'm a beginner so obviously I've got a doubt: in the following step "Click on Shares and change to "Yes" all cache shares with "Use cache disk:" set to "Only" or "Prefer". - I've clicked on my share--> appdata everything was already setted as the image attached.... I suppose there's something wrong because I can't set "Use Cache disk" in anywhere.819832787_Screenshot2022-10-31alle15_12_44.thumb.png.ea05aa20c5f0b4679c787bbbba8ec211.png

36 minutes ago, Alcarimon said:

Tks for your help. 

I'm a beginner so obviously I've got a doubt: in the following step "Click on Shares and change to "Yes" all cache shares with "Use cache disk:" set to "Only" or "Prefer". - I've clicked on my share--> appdata everything was already setted as the image attached.... I suppose there's something wrong because I can't set "Use Cache disk" in anywhere.819832787_Screenshot2022-10-31alle15_12_44.thumb.png.ea05aa20c5f0b4679c787bbbba8ec211.png

Set Use cache pool to yes for that step