Raptor Lake 13600K Integrated graphics passthrough

I realise after going down the Intel 13 gen CPU I might be in trouble with getting the integrated GPU passthrough might be a tall order! I have just installed a Intel i5-13600K into a MSI Z690 Pro M/B and for the most part things are working smoothly, that was until I tried passing through the GPU. After reading/ googling I tried a number of things:

• BIOS is the latest
  • BIOS has an option for IGD or PEG- I have tried both options
  • BIOS has IOMMU enabled
  • I upgraded to Unraid 6.11.1 which recognised the GPU- previously on 6.10.3 the GPU was coming up as Intel VGA device, after the upgrade it's recognised as Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S UHD Graphics (rev 04)
  • Have tried adding video=efifb:off to the syslinux config- this removed the error from the log about device running slow..
  • have tried i915ovmf.rom & i915ovmf-simple.rom as the vbios
  • I have tried building a new Win11 VM just incase there was something corrupt with the VM config but still can't get the screen to turn on

I will keep trying but thought I would throw it out there for any help/ hints?

The fact that system devices recognises the 

[8086:a780] 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S UHD Graphics (rev 04)

gives me hope.. I'm really keen to crack this so happy to try any suggestions.

TIA!

@redrob2 I have spent more time on it today and still no luck, I even upgraded to 6.11.2 just incase but no joy. I was going to try the Intel GVT-g plugin but it seems it doesn't support this generation CPU. It feels like it should work and I'm missing something simple but this is really out of my expertise :(.

I'm happy to try anything just need someone with the know how to point me in the right direction.. Unless it's known that this integrated graphics is not supported in which case I will move onto maybe getting a Nvidia GPU.

Edited by Aussybob

So I have zero idea what I did, but for one boot it worked and updated the drivers.  I rebooted and it was gone again 😂  I've run out of patience for now, but I'm sure in the near (or far) future it will work.  Just a matter of time.  In the meantime I'm going to "rent" a cheap Quadro P400 off ebay and use that.  Need to cut my losses for now and just have something that works.  Good luck and I'll keep an eye out in this thread and will post back if I have any luck!

Wow thats heaps more success than I ever had! Yeah I'm in the same boat, thinking about buying a P400 of Fleabay. I have never had experience passing through Nvidia cards, I tried a el cheapo the other night and it was worse than the iGPU. I'll update this thread if I come across any solutions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Griz said:

@Aussybob @redrob2 Did you ever get passthrough working?  

I have the same CPU and motherboard..   Running a Win10 VM for Blue Iris and Codeproject.AI

I believe IGPU is the same as my 12600k. I have not been able to pass thru and get video output even using beta drivers which work with my arc770 I get code 43.

Edited by SimonF

using unraid 6.11.5, I tried to passthrough my UHD770 of 12900k to a win10/11 vm with physical video output but no luck....

but interestingly, i can passthrough uhd770 to the latest ubuntu with video output...the question that bothers me is that unraid 6.11.5 is built in with the linux kernel 5.19 (quite new already, same as ubuntu), and yet still cant passthrough uhd770 as ubuntu does.?

so what will be the possible cause? on windows's side or unraid's side? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 1:49 AM, SimonF said:

I believe IGPU is the same as my 12600k. I have not been able to pass thru and get video output even using beta drivers which work with my arc770 I get code 43.

https://www.michaelstinkerings.org/gpu-virtualization-with-intel-12th-gen-igpu-uhd-730/

This guy seems to have a way to get it done. I'm no tech expert so I don't know how to translate this to unraid. Would you be willing to give it a whirl and maybe document the steps to get there if you manage to get it done?

2 hours ago, hoeman said:

https://www.michaelstinkerings.org/gpu-virtualization-with-intel-12th-gen-igpu-uhd-730/

This guy seems to have a way to get it done. I'm no tech expert so I don't know how to translate this to unraid. Would you be willing to give it a whirl and maybe document the steps to get there if you manage to get it done?

This is for creating virtual gpus to assign to a VM, but it will not be like passthru as you will not get an output via HDMI or DisplayPort.