File transfer to Unraid from Windows desktop slow

Papa_TJ
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, 

I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the amount of data that can be cached to memory during heavy file transfers to my server. I copy Large files from my desktop to my server on a regular basis over my gigabit network. My Unraid server has 64 gigs of ram and I am running 15 terabytes of disk space over 5ea 3 terabyte drives and of course the parity drive and a I-9 10900k CPU. The file sizes that I normally transfer are 40 to 100 gigs. I get full network speed for about 2 to 3 gig of transfer then it drops to whatever speed the drives can write. Is there a way to increase the cache buffer on the Unraid server to allow for a 40 or so gigs to cache in server ram while the drives are continuing to write?

if this is possible, is there a limit? I could drop another 64 gigs onto the server and cache up to 80 or 90 gigs. this would allow me to disconnect my laptop from my network much faster. 

Thank you Theruck, 

I think you are talking about setting my cache drive up so that data is copied to it and then move to storage on the spinning drives with mover.

I get how to use this method, I was just wondering if there is a way to do what I asked in my post. seems as though the server is already caching to memory but maybe limited. I am just wondering if there is a way to increase the cache.

thanks.