Read Errors Led to Missing Disk

OK. So, relative noobie here. Been playing around with Unraid for a while now trying to get things figured out before I set things up for real. That means I haven't set up a parity drive yet. Nothing I may have lost is mission critical. But, enough stuff has slowly piled up on the missing disk that recovering the data on it would save me a considerable amount of time and energy. So, I'd like to try. I pinky promise that I'll put a parity drive in once I resolve this.

I had a drive go missing today. I received an error that there were read errors on the drive and took a quick look at the log before rebooting and trying to debug. The log showed that my security camera was failing to write to the drive. And, when I tried scanning the disk from within Unraid, it just piled up non stop read errors. So, I rebooted the server and the disk completely disappeared. I turned off the machine, reseated the drive, still nothing. Moved the drive to another M.2 slot. Still nothing. What would you do next? Move the drive to another computer? Should I see if one of my Windows machines can see it? This is a fairly new 8TB Sabrent nvme drive I am using for storage. (less than six months old) It's possible it's faulty. I now realize it would have been helpful to save some of the diagnostics before rebooting. But, any suggestions on what to try?

Edited by Jlarimore

It sure does. I can't get it to be recognized at all in any machine. Unless it miraculously shows back up in the morning, I guess I'm giving up on it.

Second question: My array was made up of two drives. When I first noticed the problem, I could tell that the files from drive 1 were still intact on my network shares while the files from drive 2 (the failed one) suddenly disappeared. That makes sense since each drive holds files independently. But, now I cannot start up the array because "too many wrong and/or missing disks." How can I get at the other half of my files?