Upgraded two drives resulting in no data

alhatmy
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I attempted to upgrade two drives with more storage space, but I couldn't get the rebuld to start because of this (Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout). Had to stop the build, restart, and format the new drives multiple times to get them to work, but now they display No data!

Is there an app to recover? And does this mean that there is no way to recover from parity using rebuld?

• Solution
2 hours ago, alhatmy said:

I attempted to upgrade two drives with more storage space, but I couldn't get the rebuld to start because of this (Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout). Had to stop the build, restart, and format the new drives multiple times to get them to work, but now they display No data!

Is there an app to recover? And does this mean that there is no way to recover from parity using rebuld?

You should NEVER use a format during a rebuild as the format operation updates parity to say the disk has an empty file system on it so you just end up rebuilding an empty file system.  If you still have the original disks intact you should be able to mount them outside the main array and copy back to the array the data they contain.