Unable to Delete Video Files

I'm trying to clean up my server by deleting duplicate files.  I wanted to use Krusader to that I could compare files in different folders to delete the duplicates.  I can delete small files, non-video files.  However, when I try to delete video files nothing happens.  I tried to delete the files using share access through Windows but I get an error stating:

"You require permission from SERVERNAME/nobody to make changes to this folder."

What am I doing wrong?  How can I get permissions corrected so I can delete the unwanted files?  Thanks!

On 11/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, Squid said:

What created the video files in the first place?

It was the youtube-dl-material docker container.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:54 AM, Shu said:

I've been having similar permissions issues but with files in specific folders. Not a real solution to your problem but a temp solution could be to use the "rm" command in the terminal of your server? 

I was really hoping to be able to make the deletions using a graphic interface so that I could compare the contents of the two directories and identify the duplicate files.  However, I may have to resort to the rm command if there isn't a better solution.

Edited by rockbox948
grammar
  • 2 weeks later...