Confused about Cache Pool

Bitbass

I've been operating with a 256GB NVMe for my cache drive for a while now. I had a second and thought it would be good to get some redundancy. This is what I'm seeing. 129GB size with only 49GB usable and now none free. 

I wasn't expecting to see 256GB, but 49GB usable doesn't seem right. That's not feasible for me if that's what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 8.13.51 AM.png

I'll add that I not only waited for the rebalance to stop, I also rebooted in the hopes that would show something different. With this amount of space I can't start all of my Docker containers. I've removed the new drive and it's rebalancing/removing right now. All of the containers have started and it's showing 256GB available in the cache.

Next attempt this morning and everything went as expected. 256GB available on the cache and all the containers started. Only thing I can figure is that the first attempt didn't like that linux was already on the new SSD and the first format was wonky. Regardless, it appears to be good to go now. I'll respond here if that changes.

Thanks!

• Like 1