USB Webcam Pass-Thru to Docker fails (seemingly) randomly, restart fixes but can't seem to debug it

Hello,

I am trying to pass a Logitech C920 (Crystal Cam) to an Octoprint Docker on Unraid 6.11.1. 

I have DVB Drivers installed, USB Manager installed, and have gotten the webcam to work in the docker by passing "/dev/video0" through as CAMERA_DEV and webcam device. The webcam will show in the docker when I start it, work for several hours, and seemingly randomly fail. No settings inside the docker container for octoprint seems to fix it.  Inside Octoprint the stream and snapshot URL are: http://192.168.86.182:5003/webcam/?action=snapshot and it works when I restart the container without changing it, but after an undetermined period of time the link goes dead and both stream and snapshot can't access it. This makes me think it's an Unraid issue and not Octoprint. 

When I stop then reseat the usb cable then start the docker container it works, but if I click the restart or stop then start without replugging the webcam it fails.

Unraid commands "lsusb" shows the Logitech CrystalCam and "ls /dev/" shows video0 and video1. 

The logs in Unraid and octoprint don't seem to indicate any issues. USB Webcam became unresponsive around Nov 28 18:30 or so. 

I downloaded USB Manager plugin in an effort to fix this but it didn't seem to change anything, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Any ideas on where I need to look to diagnose this? 

Thank you!

theblender-diagnostics-20221128-1932.zip theblender-syslog-20221129-0128.zip

Edited by [email protected]
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...