DSM 7???

Klowje

I have Plex running on my server with the intention of ripping all my old DVDs to be able to watch from anywhere. I've be successful with photos. I tried using the same technique with the movies. Didn't work. Plex says it's important to name and organize them very specificly. I've done that. Now I'm hearing about DSM 7?? Do I need it? If so, what is it and how do I use it? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Klowje said:

DSM 7?? Do I need it? If so, what is it

The only DSM 7 I know of is the Synology Disk Station Manager. 

How are you trying to rip the movies on DVD/Blu-ray?  Personally, I use the MakeMKV Docker container and it works great.  I have ripped hundreds and hundreds of disks without issue that are now happily under the management of Plex.

You could also use MakeMKV on a PC and rip movies to an Unassigned Devices drive on unRAID.  I have a DVD/Blu-Ray drive in both my unRAID server (using the MakeMKV docker container) and one in my desktop PC running MakeMKV for Windows.  WIth both I can rip disk straight to unRAID unassigned devices storage.  From there, I transfer the files to unRAID shares being managed by Plex libraries.

Edited by Hoopster