some or all files unprotected

ldasilva

This warning can usally be ignored.

It means: "there is data in this share which currently resides on an non-mirrored cache/pool drive"

Unless you have all of your pools secured with RAID-1, the message will always be shown as long as mover has not copied over these files to the "secure" array.

Take it just as a reminder that a problem MIGHT happen if this cache/pool drive fails some day.

If you are talking about the 'backuo' share then this will be because you have the Use cache=No setting on it.    If you see the comment to the right of this entry it states that mover will take no action (i.e. it ignores any shares with this setting so any files already on the cache will stay there.   You need the 'Yes' setting if you want the files to be moved to the main array.  After they have been moved you could change it back to No if in you want any new files to go straight to the array.  The Help built into the GUI gives more information on how the values form this setting operate.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, itimpi said:

If you are talking about the 'backuo' share then this will be because you have the Use cache=No setting on it.    If you see the comment to the right of this entry it states that mover will take no action (i.e. it ignores any shares with this setting so any files already on the cache will stay there.   You need the 'Yes' setting if you want the files to be moved to the main array.  After they have been moved you could change it back to No if in you want any new files to go straight to the array.  The Help built into the GUI gives more information on how the values form this setting operate.

yeah the backup share was it

the cache drive just has 2 vms on it which im not using/dont care

i just wanted to make sure the main array was backup

i got a little worried 

i new the cache drive didnt have any mirroring was ok with that

thanks

itimpi and MAM59