slow parity sync

Hi all

after some help please with a slow parity check. so my array was all fine and then i got some errors on disk 11, unraid disabled the disk. i did a new config to re-enable the disk and also did a smart check which passed.

i kicked off the parity rebuild and am seeing speeds of at max 5MBps but usually hovering around the mid 100kbps range and im seeing at times only 1 drive being read from.

server is a 16 bay rack style with sas backplane, i tested the connections and seem fine. also if anyone has a link to a guide on where to look for stuff in the unraid diagnostic files id be up for brushing up.

hercules-diagnostics-20221216-2234.zip

10 hours ago, ObviousViking said:

did a smart check which passed.

It didn't

SMART Self-test log
Num  Test              Status                 segment  LifeTime  LBA_first_err [SK ASC ASQ]
     Description                              number   (hours)
# 1  Background long   Failed in segment -->     100   14381                 - [-   -    -]

Disk11 needs to be replaced but since you did a new config you won't be able to do a standard Unraid disk replacement.