New UnRaid i5-12600K server periodically stalling.

rwickra

Hi guys,

I put together a second unraid server with a i5-1200K CPU, Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X motherboard with a few spinner drives. I was using as a node in my tdarr transcoding and I've noticed that this unraid system periodically just hangs and becomes unresponsive needing a hard reboot. I've disabled XMP, tried every other trick I can think of but it still happens. Finally, I set up a remote syslog server on my primary unraid server to capture the output. I've attached the diagnostics here.  I've attached it here. Detecting a lot of the following:

Dec 15 23:35:10 Bovitiya kernel: rcu: INFO: rcu_preempt detected expedited stalls on CPUs/tasks: { 0-... } 477721 jiffies s: 309 root: 0x1/.
Dec 15 23:37:12 Bovitiya kernel: rcu: INFO: rcu_preempt self-detected stall on CPU
Dec 15 23:37:12 Bovitiya kernel: rcu: #0110-....: (1 GPs behind) idle=d6d/1/0x4000000000000000 softirq=92164/92165 fqs=146887 

I can't tell is this something to do with tdarr or if there something wrong with my new CPU or motherboard. Reason I ask is that I'm still within the return period if there is something wrong. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to understanding these errors so I'm hopeful one of you can help me understand what maybe happening. 

Full syslog captured in the remote syslog server for this system is attached.

syslog-192.168.1.50.log

@JorgeB Thank you for the reply. Only issue is that I am not using qbittorrent or any torrent client for that matter. In the server that this happens to there is only one docker container (tdarr) nothing else. No VMs. The rest is just three hard drives (including parity) since it's meant to be a backup server. I'm looking through the log and I'm not finding any reference to libtorrent anywhere. 

The crash was at the end of the diagnostics. Wanted to know if you (or anyone here) had any ideas about what I can do. Could this be a hardware issue (Memory or CPU)? reason I ask is that I built two servers at the same time -- with very similar hardware. The other unRaid server has had absolutely no crashes. It's also running 4-5 docker containers. The one that is crashing only has one.