Thermaltake V6 : What fan fits on the front?

lovswr

I just got this case a few weeks ago.  Nice fit & finish.  My problem is, what size fan fits on the front, behind the removable bezel & in front of the the HD cage at the bottom.  Thermaltake's specs page clearly lists a 120mm fan & I dutifully bought 2 of them but it did not fit.  The screw holes were spaced too far apart (is this 160mm?).  I put one of the 120's at the top, by the existing 200mm (exhaust out), & the other on the side (also exhaust out).  I would like to have one intake fan on the front.  TIA  ;)

If the V6 is the same as the V5, and you're talking about the two metal bars which are designed to bolt across the front of the three-drive cage, then the holes on mine are exactly spaced for a 120mm fan.

Edit:

Yes, looking at the V6 photos on the Thermaltake site, the V6 would appear to be identical to the V5 in this respect.  There are two metal bars, similar to the expansion slot cover plates, stamped with BS125-0 - these are designed to bolt across the four tapped holes on the front of the drive cage.  The fan then attaches to the bars, in the normal way.

Edit2:

Ah, the V5 User's Manual instructs you to attach the bars to the fan first, then attach to the drive cage.

Archived