[SOLD] Genuine Intel X550-T2 10GBASE-T CONVERGED NETWORK ADAPTER (Both Brackets)

This is another board that took several tries to get a genuine version.  Almost all the ones you see on eBay are counterfeit and will begin throwing tons of errors after several weeks/months of use.  This is an OEM genuine Intel X550-T2 including both tall and short brackets.  I bought it new two or three years ago and it's performed like a dream.  This card is in great physical condition and perfect working condition.  The only reason I am selling is because I finally replaced all my copper with fiber.

This card is great.  It's the only high-end dual port card that supports 1GB, 2.5GB, 5GB. and 10GB.  I know for certain that all of these speeds work perfectly because I have used them all with this board.  This was in my unRAID server for many months running in an OPNsense VM as my primary router (I have 3.5GB service).  I later moved it to a thin client that I used as a dedicated OPNsense router.  Finally, I took the X550-T2 out of service and replaced everything with SFP+.

Price on this is $200 USD including shipping within the continental USA.  I will ship outside of the continental USA for an additional fee to cover actual shipping expenses.  All will be well packed and sent USPS priority mail or UPS.

I own CIR-Engineering (that's me in the middle :-) and also go by 1easytrader on eBay where I have 100% positive feedback after 24 years.  Payment accepted is Zelle or any other form that has no transaction fees.  Or you may pay by PayPal if you are willing to cover the transaction fees on your end.  Please feel free to email me for a potentially faster response.  [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

Edited by craigr
  • 2 weeks later...
  • craigr changed the title to [SOLD] Genuine Intel X550-T2 10GBASE-T CONVERGED NETWORK ADAPTER (Both Brackets)
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you again Craig, shipping was super fast and the card works very well!

Edit : 1 port is not working at 10gb only 1gb. I just saw you had that problem before selling it to me :

This is really unacceptable to sell it as working when you deliberately know there's a problem about it. 

Edited by Duh.

Sorry, I never had problems with the card, jus with unRAID not maintaining 10GB.  It seemed to be an unRAID issue as it always worked fine in my OPNsense router (as a VM in unRAID and in a separate thinclient).  In unRAID it also always worked perfectly after I manually set it to 10GB.  I’m swamped for today, but the resolution on unRAID was not complicated.  I will look back and figure out how I made it work for you.  It shouldn’t be an issue.

Duh. are you using this card in unRAID or on another platform?  Basically, you may just need to manually tell Linux what speed to set the card.  I had to do that for unRAID, but not for FreeBSD or Ubuntu.  On FreeBSD I did tell the card to drop down to 5GB to comply with my modem.  My modem forced 2.5GB so I went into my OPNSense GUI and set it to 5GB.  This is one of the things I really really really like about the card.  Since it supports 1GB, 2.5GB, 5GB, and 10GB you can tell the OS to connect at any of those speeds if auto negotiate doesn't work properly.  I didn't sell the card because 10GB wasn't working, I sold it because I upgraded my house to fiber instead of copper.  Fiber is 1GB or 10GB so now I can't manually set anything in between.  A huge advantage of the 550 is that any of those speeds are supported through BOTH ports.

That aside, even with my new Melanox fiber 10GB card in unRAID, I have had to manually set unRAID to 10GB because by default it connects at 1GB instead of 10GB.

I gotta say Duh. I'm a bit miffed that you never contacted me directly with any issue and just took this straight to the forum.  Furthermore, the thread you linked shows that I did have the card running at 10GB on unRAID, but that after an extended period of time (days, weeks, months) the card (unRAID) would renegotiate the speed down from 10GB to 1GB.  That is a lot different that "the card has one port that doesn't work at 10GB."  I now suspect this was occurring because my copper cables weren't good enough and every now and then a blip of interference would disrupt the connection. 

In spite of that I will help you.  To keep the card from dropping down to 1GB after extended uptime I added this to my "go" file:

#Force eth0 to 10000baseT/Full 10Gb
ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
ethtool -s eth0 speed 10000 duplex full
#Force eth1 to 2500baseT/Full 2.5Gb
#ethtool -s eth1 autoneg off
#ethtool -s eth1 speed 2500 duplex full

You'll need to adjust the syntax to the port you are having trouble with and the speed you want.  As you can see, I wanted eth0 to stay at 10GB indefinitely.  With that in my "go" file I maintained 10GB always and iperf3 always was able to sustain 10GB any time I tested it.  unRAID ALWAYS reported 10GB.

As you can also see, at one point (don't remember why, I think I was connecting to a modem) I also manually set the speed on eth1 to 2.5GB because it wanted to set itself to 1GB probably. 

In my OPNsense box, I recall that the card would often negotiate 2.5GB with my new modem that has a 5GB port (I have 3.5GB service).  In the OPNsense GUI I would set that port to 5GB manually and could sustain download speeds from UseNet at 350MB/s.  The other port would auto negotiate 10GB with my Brocade switch and SFP+ RJ45.  However, I would also turn that port down from 10GB to 5GB to save on heat and power.  This thread shows back before I had a separate OPNsense box and was running an OPNsense VM on unRAID that I was getting 350MB/s download speeds.  That was 350MB/s in one port and 350MB/s out the other simultaneously.

Perhaps you are new to 10GB over copper.  It isn't easy and you have to have very good cables and all your termination must be excellent.  You also can't have interference from other sources.  For example, when I had CAT6 and I ran my paper shredder all connections would be dropped.  I had to change to CAT7 to fix that problem.

Again, I am a pretty levelheaded guy and don't take offense easily.  But your attack on my integrity is unwarranted and I do take offense to how you handled this.  I've sold so much stuff on forums and eBay over the years and I have never been insulted like this before.

craigr

Edited by craigr

I already tried to force 10gb with ethtool. Not working.

I'm not new to 10gb, all my cables are new cat 6a, and I tried the NIC with approximatively 10 cables and 2 different 10gb switches.
My other 10gb nic in my other setup works perfectly with the same cables and the same switches. So I pulled out my other NIC and tried it in my unraid server. Works perfectly fine.

The nic you sold me has one port working at 10gb, the other just doesn't work. Simple.

My attack ? You're Insulted ? How i handled this ? LOL
I bought it but you "forgot" to mention you had problem with it in unraid. You're just assuming the problem is on me but you literally posted about the same issue in the unraid forum. It's such a coincidence we have the same problem lol, but my hardware is the culprit. Yeah right.

@JonathanM I think what's @craigr is trying to say is no, he didn't solve the problem before selling the card.

Edited by Duh.

Look, that card is fine, but I'll take it back if you cover shipping

20 hours ago, Duh. said:

I already tried to force 10gb with ethtool. Not working.

I'm not new to 10gb, all my cables are new cat 6a, and I tried the NIC with approximatively 10 cables and 2 different 10gb switches.
My other 10gb nic in my other setup works perfectly with the same cables and the same switches. So I pulled out my other NIC and tried it in my unraid server. Works perfectly fine.

The nic you sold me has one port working at 10gb, the other just doesn't work. Simple.

I bought it but you "forgot" to mention you had problem with it in unraid. You're just assuming the problem is on me but you literally posted about the same issue in the unraid forum. It's such a coincidence we have the same problem lol, but my hardware is the culprit. Yeah right.

@JonathanM I think what's @craigr is trying to say is no, he didn't solve the problem before selling the card.

Look, the card is fine, but I'll take it back if you cover shipping.  I don't have the energy or time to argue over a $200 NIC.

Contrary to what you say, my thread proves the NIC was connected at 10GB, the connection simply renegotiated at 1GB after very long periods of time (weeks or months of uptime).  I now suspect the renegotiation happened when I used my paper shredder.  After I set speed manually, I never had the issue again.  Yes, I did forget about that because it was a long time ago and I have had zero issues since I resolved it.  I work in tech and I don't remember every finite detail from every single piece of kit I ever use.  Furthermore, I just had been using that NIC in my OPNsense box for months with one port at 5GB (to my modem) and one port at 10GB for a while until I set both ports to 5GB to an RJ45 SFP+ in my Brocade switch.  No problem.  I pulled the card, replaced it with fiber SFP+ and an RJ45 copper transceiver, and then held the Intel card for about six weeks to be sure the fiber card was working well.  Then I listed it here.

Lastly, at one point I passed through one port on the card to my Windows VM and left one port for unRAID.  I could easily use iperf3 to send data from port one of the card back and forth through my Brocade switch to the other port at full 10GB.

You still haven't indicated your other hardware or on what the layout is either.

If you send the card back to me I do expect to receive it in the same condition that I sent it out in.  I do SMD repair professionally and if I find a missing cap or inductor knocked off I'm not going to be happy.

Edited by craigr
On 2/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, Duh. said:

Others may judge, but yes, I am insulted.  Yes, I do think you handled this poorly.  Yes, I'm thinking about this too much because I don't like it when people are upset with me, and I didn't do anything intentionally wrong.  No, there was never any problem with the card to begin with and I know it works perfectly (or at least it did when I shipped it to you).  All I had to do in unRAID was turn off auto negotiate and 10GB worked fine under unRAID.  I had the same phenomena on either port on the card as well, it wasn't just one of them.  In FreeBSD environments that was not necessary and auto negotiate worked there.  Furthermore, the problem you are having is nothing remotely similar to the issues in the thread I started that you linked to.  We do not "have the same problem."

You sent me an email thanking me for getting the card out so quickly and that you would test it soon.  Next thing I know, you're posting to this thread that I intentionally cheated you and sold you a card that I supposedly knew is defective.  You never contacted me in private to indicate that there were any issues.  You never politely asked for help.  You never asked if you could return the NIC because you were dissatisfied.  You simply attacked.  Contrary, all I have done was good and nice.  The card was well packaged, and I managed in the nick of time to even get it out UPS within only a couple hours of receiving your payment.  I have been nothing but reliable.

Like I said, cover shipping, return the card, I'll issue a refund as long as there isn't visible damage to the card.

FWIW, did you update the firmware on the card?  I have not done that since I got it.  The firmware is available on Intel's site.

craigr

Dude, you're next level.

I don't have the energy or time to argue over a $200 NIC

What if you had the energy and the time, oh god.

So thank you for your help, I won't bother you anymore.

Edited by Duh.
Had remorse after reading @JonathanM