Server keeps stopping

I changed out my MB and CPU. I am now running a Sabertooth X99 and intel Xeon E5-2660 v4, was running an asus prime 399x and gen 1 threadripper. Since making these changes my server stops responding periodically every couple days. I go to the server and it is still turned on but nothing on the server monitor and cannot find it on my primary PC. Today I went to it and it was turned off. No issues while it runs and always happens when I am away as if it goes to sleep and i cant wake it back up. When I turn it back on and log in there are no reports of issues.

Any help with this would be much appreciated as it does get annoying.

Have you checked or tested your RAM? I did some swapping around of hardware between my two servers recently and ended up with a mismatched pair of DIMMS in one server which caused behaviour similar to yours where the server would freeze/lock-up after a few days.

Once I swapped the memory around and had the matched pair back together in the same server, it's been fine ever since.

Second on the RAM, I have seen this on two of my servers. Both times it was RAM, a single stick went bad. Once I a ebay parts build, another was a stick that was working fine for 3 years and just quit working.

Reboot, and from the menu run MEMTEST, Just let it run, let it finished, it might lock up, but you can watch the progress and see about where it is and then you can figure out what stick it was. In my case it would get stuck in MEMTEST around 33gb, so I just counted the ram and found where the stick was where 32GB started in the count. I pulled that stick and replaced, BigPot! done.  The other time, I had 8 sticks, I just pulled 4 stick, ran MEMTEST, Passed, so I swapped the other 4 sticks in, ran MEMTEST, it failed, so I then pulled 2 sticks, repeated till I found the single bad stick, done.

Easy Peasy, I will say it took several hours each time, the process is long and slow.

Hope this helps.